Six women from the Lady Seabeggars have earned spots on the National Christian College Athletic Associations (NCCAA) West All-Region 1st Team.
1. Adrina Palacios, junior from Ventura, CA earns Player Of The Year as a forward, finding the net 11 times and totaling 22 points in the Fall 2016 season. Adrina led both as a captain for the team as well as the offensive catalyst for the girls in every match. She provided the spark to help raise the intensity in practices and games and helped lead the girls program to a 7-8-1 record after a 0-10 season last year.
2. Senior Melissa Paramo from Gardena, CA recorded 1127 minutes this season in 15 matches, and making 84 saves throughout the season to lead the defensive effort for the girls. As a senior and captain, Melissa pushed the girls to the limit and helped raised the intensity of the defense.
3. Becca Burney, sophomore from Aloha, OR was the starting center back and organized a defense that recorded two shutouts and limited goals to 38 on the entire season. Becca also helped out in the transition to offense for the team, and make various runs forward to join the offense on free kicks and corners, and recorded 4 goals on the 2016 season.
4. Alexis Cervantes, freshman from Chino Hills, CA moved all around the midfield this season and provided the link between the defense and the offense. As a defensive center midfielder, Alexis provided the switch in the attack as well as the outlet away from pressure. She also joined the attack many times, recording 23 shots this season, of which 11 were on goal. Alexis finishes the 2016 season with 1 goal, but the stats do not record her impact as a field player.
5. Sophomore Alyssa Bestian from Cypress, CA became a terror to forwards all over the CalPac and NAIA this season, marking top forwards from each team. Alyssa's speed and ability to step quickly to win the penetrating pass to the forwards made life miserable on the field for the opposition. Alyssa was wall in tandem with Becca and was consistent throughout every game, making it incredibly tough for opponents to get offense started or shots on goal.
6. Freshman Rebecca Hernandez from La Habra, CA was the ball winner for the lady Seabeggars this fall, winning loose balls and making it tough for opponents to find any offense in the midfield. Becca was all over the midfield this year, helping defend while also being the transition to the offensive attack. She finishes the season with 18 shots, of which 8 were on goal, and one finding the back of the net.
1. Nick Saldivia from Granada Hills, CA was the returning center back for the team this year, providing leadership as a captain on and off the field. Nick brought an array of skills both offensively and defensively. On the defensive side, Nick organized the back line and helped the team to a shutout this season. Offensively, Nick helped move the ball forward and had two goals and 1 assist on the season.
2. Pablo Garcia, from Maywood, CA was also a returner for the team this year, and helped dramatically with the two wins on the season. Pablo was a thorn in every defense this year, with his physical approach mixed with skillful through balls and power shots. Teams double and tripled Pablo and yet he still found a way to make an impact on the field. Pablo led the team this year with 14 points on six goals and two assists, and recording 24 shots on goal on 43 shots.
NCCAA West All-Region Awards
NCCAA Men's Soccer All-America Awards